FILE TYPES ACCEPTED:
Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXPress, Microsoft Word, PDF, TIFF, EPS and JPG. We regularly work with other file formats as well, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you don’t see your preferred file format listed here.
• Artwork files for print (including any linked images) should be saved using a CMYK color profile to ensure color accuracy. Please include any spot colors in your artwork. RGB color profiles are intended for displaying graphics on screens, not for printed materials.
• If your print job is a spot color (Pantone) only, convert all CMYK or RGB images to your selected spot color.
• Make sure all black type is 100% black and not a build of CMYK.
FONTS + TEXT:
• Minimum point sizes: Serif 8pt | Sans Serif 6pt
To avoid font issues during the printing process when working in Adobe Illustrator or InDesign, we recommend:
- Saving your file with the fonts intact as text and provide the fonts to us with artwork submission.
- Saving your file with the fonts outlined. Be aware that when sending outlined files, we will not be able to make copy changes.
If your project is designed in Adobe Photoshop, flattening your image will rasterize your fonts to prevent font issues.
• Minimum positive stroke weight: .25pt
• Minimum negative stroke weight: 1pt
LINKS + IMAGES:
When working in Adobe Illustrator or InDesign, it is always best practice to place any images used in your file as links (as opposed to embedding them). That will allow us to make edits to those files, if necessary.
Resolution is measured in dots per inch (DPI). The more dots per inch, the sharper your image will be. For printed products, the minimum resolution is typically 300dpi.
PACKAGING + ZIPPING YOUR FILES:
When working in Adobe Illustrator or InDesign, packaging your final files to include all fonts and links will ensure that we have everything we need for printing. We recommend zipping the packaged folder before uploading or sending files over so that there is less chance that any files become corrupt.